The Impact of Employee Engagement in the Contact Center
What exactly is employee engagement? Why is it so critical to the customer experience and operational efficiency in the contact center?
“Employee engagement is defined as the emotional investment employees make in their organizations. It is the passion, involvement, and motivation they bring to work, which they use to guide their work.” – HR Technologist
According to renowned author and motivational speaker Simon Sinek, “When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute.” This simple insight helps quantify why leading organizations around the world are seriously invested in ensuring their employees are happy, motivated and empowered to succeed. Employee engagement is absolutely critical to meeting and exceeding their organizational goals.
The same is true in the modern contact center. Contact centers that successfully generate and maintain employee engagement have an opportunity to reap substantial rewards. According to Gartner, by making reps a priority, service organizations can increase their productivity by 19%. Meanwhile, Ventana research reports that when agents are satisfied at work, they hit their KPI targets 3x more often. The bottom line? By improving employee engagement, organizations can increase customer satisfaction by 11% and reduce customer effort by 9%.
So, what’s the secret to improving employee engagement in the contact center? It all starts with a better employee experience for agents, managers and administrators. While there are many factors that influence the employee experience, making this vision a reality requires the right technology for workforce engagement management.
The Tools You Need to Manage a Remote Workforce
Although building a better employee experience and increasing engagement can help improve your customer experience in any scenario, best-in-class workforce engagement solutions become mission-critical when managing a remote workforce.
Onboarding, training and coaching can no longer take place in-person. Supervisors no longer have the luxury of evaluating agent performance and identifying potential issues using their own eyes and ears. From the agent’s perspective, it’s difficult to maintain productivity in the face of potential distractions. Morale (and engagement) can suffer as it becomes harder to build a sense of community or establish mentor relationships between new and experienced agents.
While not all contact centers permanently maintain a remote workforce, it’s important to have the right tools in place to adapt quickly and effectively in order to maintain business continuity in any scenario.
Workforce Engagement Management
Drive engagement throughout the employee lifecycle and turn every agent into a top performer with a seamlessly integrated WEM suite.
The Next Generation of Workforce Engagement Management
To help customer-obsessed organizations improve the employee experience and manage remote teams more effectively, Talkdesk announces several new products and capabilities that significantly expand the Talkdesk Workforce Engagement Management™ (WEM) suite as a capstone to the ambitious Talkdesk 20-in-20 innovation program:
- Talkdesk Quality Management™ makes it easy to efficiently evaluate agent interactions, identify key areas of improvement and provide agents with the actionable feedback they need to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Talkdesk Advanced Call Recording™ and Talkdesk Screen Recording™ provide the complete context you need to holistically evaluate customer interactions and streamline agent workflows with synchronized playback of voice recordings and agent screen activity.
- Talkdesk Speech Analytics™ uses artificial intelligence (AI) to transcribe every interaction, analyze customer intent, automate call quality monitoring and identify areas of improvement for agents.
Talkdesk customers can take advantage of these new solutions alongside Talkdesk’s existing WEM solutions within the Talkdesk CX Cloud™ platform:
- Talkdesk Workforce Management™ combines powerful AI and automation with a remarkably intuitive user experience to help optimize staffing and scheduling decisions, reduce administrative effort and deliver a better scheduling experience for agents.
- Talkdesk Agent Assist™ empowers agents with a virtual assistant that surfaces relevant information during calls, recommends next steps based on real-time customer intent and automates after call work.
- Talkdesk Mobile Agent™ empowers agents to engage with customers any time, anywhere, using any mobile device so they can more effectively work remotely or part-time.
Talkdesk WEM is designed with the ambitious goal of providing a better holistic agent experience, encompassing schedule management, quality management, feedback, coaching and customer interactions. Just as importantly, these solutions leverage artificial intelligence, automation and a streamlined user experience to make supervisors, resource planners and quality analysts more efficient and effective in their roles.
Whether you are well on your way to modernizing your contact center’s employee experience or just starting to consider the right approach, Talkdesk is there for you every step of the way. Kick start or accelerate your journey towards a better employee experience today by exploring our comprehensive suite of Workforce Engagement Management products and further understanding how employee engagement will maximize your contact center performance.